You. We. Bokashi
One person can make a difference. Together we can change the world.
Waste isn’t waste until you waste it.
The shocking facts about food waste in Australia
DID YOU KNOW?
- 30 – 46% of waste sent to landfill in Australia is food waste
- 5 million tonnes of food ends up in Australian landfill – half of which comes from our homes
- 1/3 of a household bin is wasted food
- 1 in 5 shopping bags of food end up in our bins
- 1/3 of the world’s food gets wasted
By wasting food we are also wasting the resouces used to produce our food such as water, land, energy, labour and money.
Join us. Get your Ninja on!
We see Bokashi Ninja as a movement, as a start of a cultural shift.
A change from bin to Bokashi, from waste to create.
Our vision is to make Bokashi a common word in our vocabulary.
A way for everyday Australians to make a huge difference to the beautiful planet we inhabit be reducing single-use bin bags, reducing the millions of tonnes of food waste going to landfill and by creating better waste in our homes.
We hope you’ll join us!
Jodie + Shari xo